Monday, June 2, 2008

Madrid in Fall 2009

Well, I promised you posts about my trip to the Galapagos, and I haven't done that yet obviously. However, I did have exciting news last week. I'll be going to Madrid in September 2009 for 3 months as one of the co-teachers of Fullerton College's Study Abroad program. I'm very excited, as you can imagine, and it's helping jump-start my interest in getting a Spanish M.A. I'm going to take a class a semester this next year, and I'm going to try to get into UCSB's summer Master's program.

Meanwhile, I'm back in Portland for two weeks visiting my brother and his family. His son, Julian, is great. He's got an amazing personality, and lots of energy. Then I'm going to be spending much of the rest of summer, cleaning my apartment and redecorating. And of course getting ready for next semester.

My head is still in Latin America, I have to say. It's been much harder to adjust to living back in California then I had expected. But oh well.

A Galapagos post is coming, I promise.

No comments: