Well, if you haven't heard already, I'm back in the U.S. after falling down a flight of stairs on a boat in the Galapagos. I broke 5 bones in my foot and ankle, and so now I have a cast on my right foot, probably for 2-3 months, although I guess the kind of cast is going to change. I'm staying with my parents and getting the royal treatment: great food, lots of bridge. I think I'll be here for a minimum of 4 weeks, but realistically 6-8. It's hard to drive with a cast on your right foot. But we'll see. I owe you all a posting on the jungle and the Galapagos, which I will do this coming week. I have lots of great pictures.
It sucks that my trip ended so abruptly, particularly since I still owe about 4 weeks to Fullerton College of language classes. I'm either going to try to take a class at Cal State Long Beach this summer, or if my healing happens well, I'm going to try to go somewhere else for 4 weeks this summer, maybe Peru, since it will be winter in Argentina. But the status of my foot will control everything.
Thanks to all who have already sent me their well-wishes. And if Jairo or Ruth read this, can you send me your email address.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment