I wish I could tell you that I´ve been doing exciting things in Monteverde, but the weather has been immensely bad that I haven´t wanted to leave any buildings. It started Monday night when it began raining, which it did for about 36 hours, each hour getting more forceful than before. So by the time I walked home from a movie last night, I was completely drenched by the time I got home. (The movie, by the way, was The Motorcycle Diaries, which I loved as much this time as I did the first time I saw it). Then last night, these hurricane force winds started, and it´s been doing that all day today. I guess this is somewhat typical in Monteverde around now, but still -- holy, crap!
But I´ve been told that it shouldn´t be constant, and that in fact, by tomorrow or Friday the weather should get better. I´m going on an excursion to the Arenal Volcano and its surroundings this weekend, and then I´m hoping that next week I´ll be able to partake in some of the typical Monteverde activities, like zip-lining and walking in the reserve.
My host father is a tourist guide, and he told me that he would take me into the Monteverde Reserve next week, so that should be good.
There are hardly any students here, and frankly, I´ve been a little bored. But I´ve been doing a lot of reading, in English and Spanish, and just relaxing. I think after all the excitement of Guanajuato, the change to tranquil nature has thrown me a little. But after a few days, I´m starting to get into it.
I do have to say that this place is a little bit of a hippie town, which really isn´t my cup of tea, but who am I to judge.
Tomorrow, I´ll be volunteering to sub for an English teacher for two hours, and I´m really excited about that.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment